Saturday, November 30, 2013

Get your metal on!


Welcome to another Drunken Stampers Challenge. This week's challenge is think...METAL! Hence, the "get your metal on" title. LOL Visit the Drunken Stampers blog to see what the rest of the design team did, then do your project and add it to the Mr. Linky.  That way you have a chance to be the life of the party. 

I have had this "metal" sheet for a long time now and have wanted to do something with it, that I haven't played with my alcohol inks in awhile either. So I used a Tim Holtz embossing folder to emboss the trees. Then used alcohol ink to add color to them and the background. Then I added "snow" (which is actually flower soft). I used a flourish stamp and white pigment ink. I then stamped the snowman with white pigment (kind of wish I hadn't now). The bird is a old metal one I had but I put it on backwards (on purpose) so that he was flying towards the trees. 


 When I stamped the sentiment (the reason why I added the snowman to the front) I also stamped the matching trees on the inside. I felt it just gave it a finishing touch.


I hope you try this challenge. Remember to link up your creation to be the life of the party!

6 comments:

Chris Dring said...

Yay! You finished the inside of your card! And what a fantastic card it is! Love it!

Diane said...

I love the bird and the snowman and the very cool effects on metal! And LOVE the insode of the card- nice finishing touch!

Donna said...

Awesome card Chelle!! Great job!!

Lindsey said...

Wow, this is amazing! Love the look of the metal.

Jessi Fogan said...

So neat! I love the varied textures :)

Lynne Mizera said...

Chelle - this card is fantastic! I LOVE The effect you got using alcohol inks on metal... swoon